Whenever starting a new freelancing endeavor, one of the biggest challenges is somehow managing all the unknowns. You have a general idea of what you’re getting into but going that extra step can be a bit different.
Sort of like taking that hobby or special interest that you have, realizing that over time you’ve become an expert and able to help others with similar struggles they’re going through. With freelancing or starting another type of small business, you can get caught up with issues from financial paperwork, marketing or website activities, different types of client concerns and a range of other issues that can seemingly come out of nowhere.
To help your learning curve go a little smoother, you can benefit from the experience of others, such as these 16 recent articles discussing trends, clients, finance, marketing and motivation.
What’s happening from a bigger picture perspective.
- Small Firms Increasingly Turning to Freelancers, Fresh Business Thinking
- Should every home have a home office?, The Independent Blogs
Clients and Finance
Managing your pricing, customers, bills and taxes.
- Stand Up for Your Rates, All Freelance Writing
- 20 Pricing Principals of Freelancers, Freelance Folder
- When the Project is Over, Billing and Actually Getting Paid, Freelance Switch
Ways to display and promote your skills.
- Why Content Marketing is the Best Networking Strategy EVER!, Ruth Zive Copywriting
- Get the Hang of Email Marketing, Creative Freelancer Blog
As not every day is exactly all smooth and downhill, how to keep going despite all those exciting learning opportunities.
- How Do You Keep Focused When Working from Home?, The Freelance Pinoy
- When to quit your job and start a business, Business Week
Adding to Your RSS Reader
As most of these are blogs or at least have an RSS feed available, you can add them to your news reader to stay informed on a more regular basis. Here’s an example of doing so with the Odysen news reader.
Have other freelancing blogs that you follow? Feel free to share in comments.