Whether you’re completely fluent or know a few phrases, there’s quite a few places you can go speaking the French language. It’s the official language of 29 countries, used administratively in another 9 and common within a state or province in another 14, for a total of 52 different locations speaking French.
- 1. France: Visit Mont Saint-Michel, Paris, Bordeaux, Lyon and hundreds of other stops along the way. While there, enjoy the wine, history, scenery, seafood, pastries, art exhibits or visiting the final resting place of Jim Morrison, lots of options for one to immerse themselves with.
- 2. Belgium: For anywhere in the southern part of Walloon Region up to Brussels and down through the Ardennes before getting into Luxembourg.
- 3. Luxembourg: Take a relatively short drive to Luxembourg City for a taste of either French, German, Italian or Portuguese cuisine. At the heart of Europe, is ripe for taste buds of many cravings.
- 4. Madagascar: If more adventurous, can go to Madagascar for some diverse outdoor environments, including lemurs, baobabs, rainforest, beaches, desert, trekking and diving.
- 5. Laos: Moving further East, can visit the cultural mecca of Laos including Vientiane and many ecotourism options.
- 6. New Caledonia: A part of Zealandia, now 1,200 kilometers east of Australia, New Caledonia is home to a range of biodiversity, hiking and water activities.
- 7. French Polynesia: Including Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, Easter Island and over a hundred other islands. If one is looking to get away from it all, visiting the middle of the south pacific isn’t a bad place to start.
- 8. French Guiana or Guyane: Crossing the Pacific and through South America, one can visit French Guiana or Guyane, in between Brazil and Suriname. See a launch from the Guiana Space Centre or experience the wildlife in the surrounding forests and beaches.
- 9. New Orleans, Louisiana: Moving North you can visit the French influenced city of New Orleans, enjoying some blues music and Cajun cuisine while there.
- 10. Quebec: Going further North, one can visit Canada or specifically the Quebec city and area. Enjoy winter activities or any of the diverse dining experiences available.
Of course, if you’re looking for a tool to help organize any of your trips, you can use an Odysen solution in French. Some of the highlights when doing so:
- Share your network only with others also on the your trip.
- Create different folders for the locations you’re planning to visit.
- Schedule events for departure dates or relevant local holidays and activities.
- Add notes of things you’d like to do while there.
- Store useful websites for quick reference.
- Add local blogs or a news search to stay informed of current events.
- Share photos from your trip in the Images application.
- Store and share any videos taken.
Get started with the free Basic plan, including the ability to create a network, add others, using the applications and 1 GB of storage. You can upgrade to Premium for extra features and storage options.