One of the languages offered with an Odysen solution is the Hindi language. While using a different form of alphabet, it’s one of the most popular languages used worldwide, here’s a few facts about the language.
- 1. Spoken by almost 500 million people, making it the 2nd, 3rd or 4th most worldwide depending on the specific consensus, others are Mandarin, English and Spanish.
- 2. One of the official languages in India, the most widely spoken of several hundred used.
- 3. Has its roots with Sanskrit languages, going back to nearly 5,000 BC.
- 4. Became an official language in India in 1965.
- 5. The Hindi alphabet includes 11 vowels and 33 consonants.
- 6. Is spoken in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, South Africa, Mauritius, USA, Germany, Trinidad, Fiji, Surinam, Guyana, Yemen, Uganda, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Kenya, Philippines, Singapore, Uganda, UAE, United Kingdom, Yemen and Zambia.
- 7. Is helped in popularity from Bollywood, the Hindi or India film industry, reaching audiences worldwide.
- 8. Hindi got its name from the Persian word Hind, meaning “Land of the Indus River”, today of which mostly flows through Pakistan 93%, Tibet 2% and Northern India 5%. Also known as the great trans-Himalayan river of South Asia.
- 9. Similar to European languages, is written from left to right.
- 10. One of the easiest languages to learn or read, as pronunciation is exactly as written, with each letter of the alphabet having an independent sound.
Using with an Odysen solution, you can do the following:
- Create specific networks just for the groups you’re involved with, use a separate language with each network, appropriate for the group you’re involved with.
- Schedule upcoming events, include an event alert if extra preparation is needed.
- Organize a project with actions application.
- Store notes of new ideas, instructions or directions.
Learn more about using in Hindi or get started with the free Basic subscription, including the ability to create separate networks for different groups, using the applications and 1 GB of storage for your various files.