This is a common question asked when users initially signup with up a network, here’s a detailed review of how to do so. Similar to most things, even though it may seem simple after doing once or twice, when first getting started it can take a little extra help to make things go a little easier.
This is applicable with the following applications:
- Audio: For any audio or music recordings you’d like to share.
- Documents: Store and share PDFs, word documents, presentations, spreadsheets and text files.
- Images: For any photos or graphics.
- Video: For any videos you’d like to share with others on your network.
How to upload your files
Here are the steps to upload a new file to your network:
- 1. Click the folder you’d like to upload to. Of course, you can upload it to the All folder but generally you’ll have different folders for the topics or subjects that you and others in your group are interested in. You can also create a new folder and share it with others on your network while doing so.
- 2. Select the appropriate application tab, such as Audio, Documents, Images or Video.
- 3. Click the button Create. From here you can select the file from your computer, tablet or phone, add a name for it, a brief description if appropriate and click Save.
Here’s a screenshot of the process:
Option to Import from another network: If you’ve already uploaded the file to another Odysen network, you can import it instead of uploading, generally making the process 10x faster, especially helpful for larger files such as with audio or video. To do this, just click the button Import instead of Create, select the network to import from and select the appropriate files.
How to share with others
Besides storing the file on your network for reference, you can also share with others, helpful to get feedback, keep things moving forward.
- 1. Add them to your network. Do this by clicking the All folder and in the middle section, click the link Add to Network. From here just enter their name and email address. All initial users are added as Basic subscriber, the free plan. You can also add users to your network by clicking the link Manage Network, Users and adding as appropriate.
- 2. Add them to your folder. For them to see the folders that include your content, the folder has to be shared with them. This can be done when the folder is initially created or at any later time, by clicking Add to Folder in the folder summary section. You can add others to a folder as either an Owner, Editor or Reader. 99% of the time you’ll add others as an Editor but there may be times that the other permission settings are more appropriate. Once you create a folder and share it with them, any new content added will also automatically be shared.
- 3. Send them an email notification. This is to let them know of the new content, from which they can click a link to go directly to the content you’ve added. If they’re a new user to Odysen, they’ll have to first complete their registration and add their password. Additionally, yourself or other users can add a newsletter to automatically get informed of any new content added.
Here’s a screenshot of the steps:
Note that after you’ve already created your network and others have been added, sharing any new content will already be done, no extra steps needed. This can make it very simple to create new folders for topics or ideas and any content that you add, whether a photo, note, website, etc, will automatically be shared with them.
If you have any further questions or need help getting started, feel free to let us in support, located from your account or at any time while using your networks.