With the recent storage increase for the free Basic plan, Musicians can now store and share 5x more of recordings with their different networks. You can do this with the Audio application, others can listen to a collection or album on continuous play and add comments for feedback.
This works out to be:
- Basic plan storage: 5 GB = 5,120 MB
- Average storage per song recording: ~40 MB for a ~4 minute tune.
- Total song recordings: 5,120 / 40 = 128
- Number of networks sharing with: ~10
- Song recordings per network: ~13
A small note on the number of networks you’re sharing with, this is of course completely up to you but is representative of sharing your songs with a few different audiences. This could be:
- 3 Networks with other musicians: For getting initial feedback on your creations. With sharing on a private network, you and others can use to share your new recordings as well as download to add additional tracks, more cow bell!, re-upload for feedback.
- 4 Networks with friends and family: As music can be fairly versatile, you can use your networks to share some of your more lighthearted tunes with others as appropriate, maybe about a favorite vacation or other shared perspective and experience.
- 3 Networks for places to play: If working with different places that you play live, such as weekly, monthly or preparing for, you can create a network or sub-network just for them, give them a chance to listen to any of your brand new recordings or allowing you to organize as you feel is appropriate. This can be helpful for new musicians, not yet established with a professional website or tour history.
If you need more storage, you can always upgrade to the Premium plan, getting 10 GB of storage, expansion options as well as some extra features with the other applications.
Here’s a screenshot of uploading and sharing your music recordings with others on your networks: