To help you personalize your networks for the different activities and projects you’re involved with, you can now add a simple theme to your network.
This is the beginning of new features to come regarding themes, with the first step being able to add a simple photo to the background of your network. Here’s a review of ways to use and instructions for doing so.
Have a different theme for each folder
This is important as while a network in general will be coming from a certain perspective, each folder within the network can vary widely, depending on the specific project or activity that you’re involved with. Some examples:
- Personal: Have different themes with folders for events, celebrations, hobbies or vacations.
- Groups: Add themes to different folders for projects, events and other activities.
- Freelancers: Along with having separate networks for your different clients, you can add a theme with the projects you’re working on. While this may seem overdoing it for some people, for others it could be a welcome personalized touch. Either way it’s up to you, leave it as a blank canvas or add something more.
- Businesses: Add a theme for different projects and activities if appropriate.
Instructions for adding a theme
This can be done in a few simple steps:
- 1. Select the folder you’d like to add a theme to.
- 2. Click Edit in the folder summary.
- 3. Select an image from your network and click save.
Here’s a screenshot of doing so and the results:
Once done, you’ll see the image in the background for much of the layout, only leaving the space for your application content as normal.
Matt | Posted on | March 4, 2013 | Comments Off