For anyone interested in learning more about Romania or the Romanian language, here’s 10 facts or items to start with:
- 1. Romanian is the primary language for both Romania and Moldova. Besides these, it’s also used in areas of Greece, Serbia, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Ukraine, Bulgaria as well in different areas of communities throughout Europe, the US and Canada.
- 2. Contains one of the largest areas of undisturbed forests in Europe, including 13 national parks and three biosphere reserves.
- 3. Bucharest is the sixth largest city in the EU.
- 4. Try the food and and get a mixture of Hungarian, Turkish with no shortage of soups for cooler days.
- 5. While Romanian is most likely the first language used, the second, third, fourth and more can range a bit. From historical and neighboring influences, this includes Hungarian, Turkish, English, French, German, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Russian.
- 6. Can try a glass of Țuica, made from plums, stronger than vodka, served fresh, aged, with lunch, dinner, celebrations and other occasions.
- 7. According to Elance, Romania has the second highest number of freelancers in Europe, behind only the UK.
- 8. If in Romania you can take a road trip along the Transfagarasan, 90 km going in between the tallest mountain peaks of the country, seeing Balea Lake and Waterfall.
- 9. The currency used is the Romanian Leu or the RON, with 1 Euro currently being 4.3 RON. As being part of the EU, things are in process to be part of the Euro in the next few years.
- 10. Where you can find Europe’s oldest history of humans, approximately 42,000 years old and found in the Cave With Bones, near Anina.
If looking for a private network to use with others in Romania or preferring to speak Romanian, you can consider using an Odysen solution, available in Romanian, Hungarian and others. Go here to learn more, including the benefits, languages available, solution examples and other relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | March 15, 2013 | Comments Off