For people looking to connect with others in South America, here’s an overview of the average Internet connection speeds, narrowband adoption, broadband adoption and Internet speed compared to others worldwide.
The below are listed by speed or adoption, with the charts sourced by Akamai. Click a country link for information about having an Odysen solution for the respective locations, including the languages, solution examples and other relevant blog articles.
Average Internet Connection Speed
Narrowband Adoption, < 256 kbps
- Bolivia, ~15%
- Below 5%: Everyone else including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Broadband Adoption, >4 Mbps
- At ~15%: This includes Ecuador, Chile, Brazil, Colombia and Argentina.
- Less than 5%: Including Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Compared to others worldwide
- South Korea
- South Africa
If interested in having your own networks with others in South America, you can consider using an Odysen solution. Some of the highlights include:
- Multiple Networks: Have separate networks for different groups, helping to keep content focused for each.
- Useful Applications: Use actions for a project, schedule events, add notes, share contact information, share different types of files including office files in documents, photos in Images, music recordings in audio and videos, share websites, blogs in a news reader and use different applications for feedback and staying informed of changes.
- Languages: Use in your preferred language, including Spanish, Portuguese as well as French, Dutch, Italian, German and English.
- Economical: Get started for free with the Basic plan, more active users can upgrade to Premium for extra features and storage, for only $1.99 USD a month.
- Support: For help getting started, asking a question, reporting a problem or suggesting a new feature, let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Learn more about having a network with others in South America, including using the applications, languages available for each location, solution examples and other relevant blog articles.