The population of France is ~65 million people, yet it receives about 80 million travelers and tourists a year, more than the population itself as well as any other country, including the US, China, Italy, Spain, Canada or the UK.
People visit for many different reasons, a few of the attractions include:
- Spending time in Paris. Stay a weekend or weeks without seeing the same thing twice, including the Louvre, Versailles, walk through a cave of bones, see the final resting place of Jim Morrison and taking a rest in any of the thousands of cafés, restaurants or pubs.
- Make a visit to Mont Saint-Michel, the picturesque castle on an island and setting of the movie Mindwalk.
- Compliment your wine tasting with the many varieties of cheese available.
- Take in some French philosophy and poetry while in transit or having a coffee somewhere, including Descartes, Voltaire, Baudrillard, Baudelaire and Rimbaud.
- See the limestone cliffs of Normandy.
- Visit art galleries at the Museum of Fine Arts in Lyon, Lille, Rouen, Dijon, Rennes and Grenoble.
- Spend an evening with others to see a show at the Moulin Rouge.
- Breath in some fresh air from the Alpine climate in the French Alps.
- Get gargantuan views from the Verdon Gorge in Provence, the Grand Canyon of Europe.
- Visit any of the dozens of national parks, such as the Mercantour national park.
- Make a visit to Montignac, home of the Lascaux cave paintings.
- Visit the semi-arid climate of Corsica in the Mediterranean.
Organizing your travel activities
- Have a network just for travel to France, keeping to yourself or sharing with others going with you.
- Add folders for different locations or activities and add sub-folders to expand as appropriate. Add relevant application content to each folder and see integrated views in respective parent folders.
- Store websites of centralized place, useful for airports, trains, hotels, restaurants to try and places to visit.
- Add local blogs to the news reader to stay informed of current events, see an integrated view of the most recent article from each.
- Add notes for an itinerary or summarizing an experience to share with others.
- Store photos and videos from your trip, see a collection of photos in a slideshow and others can add comments for feedback.
- Schedule events as appropriate to each destination or folder, see all your events in one view from the All folder.
- Add actions for things needed to do beforehand or to do while in France.
- No advertising distractions, keeping focus on what’s important, your content.
- Automatically stay informed of new content from others or comments added by adding a Newsletter to the network.
- Option to use in French or other languages as preferred.
Learn more about having a network with others in France, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples and other relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | April 28, 2013 | Comments Off