For people interested in visiting or curious to learn more about Italy and the Italian language, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. The Italian language is spoken as a mother tongue by 59 million people and 85 million worldwide. Besides Italy, Italian is used San Marino, Malta, Switzerland, Vatican City, Slovenia, Croatia, Argentina, Brazil and Australia.
- 2. Italian was first formalized by the Tuscan writer Dante Alighieri with his Divine Comedy, going through the inferno, purgatory and paradise.
- 3. Italy is home to two microstates, San Marino and the Vatican City.
- 4. There are 14 volcanoes in Italy and four are relatively active, Etna, Stromboli, Vulcano and Vesuvius, over 75% of Italy is considered hilly.
- 5. Famous Italian inventions include the thermometer, the name of electricity (Volt from Allesandro Volta in 1779), the piano, barometer, wireless telegraphy, cologne, ice cream, eyeglasses, espresso machine and typewriter.
- 6. Has been influential with architecture designs, such as the many arches, domes or specific places such as the Colosseum, the Milan Cathedral, Florence Cathedral, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and various designs in Venice.
- 7. Italian paintings are known for their color and light variations, famous painters include Caravaggio, Titian, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Donatello, Botticelli, Fra Angelico, Tintoretto, Bernini, Ralphael, Umberto Boccioni, Giacomo Balla and Giorgio de Chirico. Italy has over 3,000 museums.
- 8. Besides Dante, other Italian writers and philosophers include Giovanni Boccaccio (the Decameron), Giacomo Leopardi, Alessandro Manzoni, Torquato Tasso, Ludovico Ariosto, Petrarch, Giordano Bruno, Marsilio Ficino, Niccolo Machiavelli (the Prince) and Giambattista Vico.
- 9. Italy has the tenth largest economy worldwide, known for its business industrial, auto, appliance, fashion design and agriculture, Italy is the world’s largest wine producer, the average Italian drinks 26 gallons of wine a year. Other agriculture includes potatoes, beets, soybeans, grain, olives, beef and dairy. Italian made cheeses include Parmesan, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Ricotta.
- 10. Italian cuisine is characterized by its simplicity, using few ingredients but the ones used are quality ones. Popular dishes and recipes are usually the creation of grandmothers, giving them a home cooking style easily prepared by others without breaking the budget. Pizza was started in Naples in the 1860’s and pasta is the national dish.
Have your own networks with others in Italy
If you regularly share content or work with people in Italy, here’s a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your language, including Italian, French, German, Greek, Slovenian, Spanish and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views in respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability to add networks, use the applications and have initial storage for your various files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Italy, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | May 27, 2013 | Comments Off