For anyone interested in visiting or curious to learn more about Singapore, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are about 5.3 million people that live in Singapore, located on the southern tip of Malaysia. It’s the second most densely populated countries worldwide, behind only Monaco.
- 2. The name Singapore comes from the Malay word Singapura, meaning the Lion City.
- 3. There are one main island and 63 others in Singapore, with most of the population living on the main island, Singapore Island, otherwise known as Pulau Ujong.
- 4. There are four official languages in Singapore, including English, Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil.
- 5. It has the world’s largest bat on Pulau Ubin island, named the Flying Fox and has a wingspan of 1.5 metres.
- 6. The currency used is the Singapore Dollar, SGD, and is considered to be the 4th largest financial center worldwide. Is considered one the four Asian Tigers, along with Hong Kong, South Korea, and Taiwan. The port of Singapore is one of the five busiest worldwide.
- 7. The cuisine in Singapore is a mixture of Malay, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian, Peranakan, and Western influences. Some of the common dishes include Nasi Padang, Indian Rojak, Rice with Papadum on a banana leaf, and Chili Crab, as well as desserts such as Red Ruby, Tangyuan, and Italian Ice Cream.
- 8. Beverages that can be found include Bubble Tea, Sugar Cane Juice, Soya Bean Milk, and Tiger Beer. The Singapore Sling is believed to have been first served in 1915 at the Long Bar, it consists of gin, Cointreau, cherry brandy, Dom Benedictine, pineapple juice, Grenadine, Angoustura bitters, and limes.
- 9. The Bukit Timah Nature Reserve has more species of trees than tall of North America.
- 10. There are almost 11 million people that travel to or are tourists to Singapore every year, about twice the actual population.
Have your own networks with others in Singapore
If you regularly share content or work with people in Singapore, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, including English, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views in respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability to add networks, use the applications, and initial storage for your different files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Singapore, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.