For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Taiwan, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are over 23 million people that live in Taiwan.
- 2. The largest city is New Taipei with about 4 million people, followed by Kaohsiung, Taichung, Taipei, Tainan, Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Keelung, Zhongli, and Chiayi.
- 3. The official languages are Mandarin (with Traditional writing), Hokkien, Hakka, Formosan, and Fuzhou. Other languages used include Japanese, Cantonese, English, and others.
- 4. Most of the population is in the relatively flat, northwest side. The southwest side gets mountainous with more parks and nature.
- 5. Jade Mountain or Mount Yu is the highest peak, at 3,950 metres.
- 6. The currency is the New Taiwan Dollar, TWD, is the 17th largest economy, mostly from computers and computer related products.
- 7. The cuisine in Taiwan includes noodles, seafood, pork, and many different spices. Common dishes can include an Oyster Omelet, Spicy Hotpot, and Eel Noodles. In the evening, you can find a wide variety of snack foods from night markets in the streets.
- 8. The national bird is the Formosan Blue Magpie and the national animal is the Formosan Black Bear.
- 9. Taiwan has a long history of cinema and film, going back to 1901, including well known directors such as Ang Lee.
- 10. There are over 6 million people that travel to Taiwan every year.
Have your own networks with others in Taiwan
If you regularly share content or work with people in Taiwan, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, this includes Traditional Chinese, Simplified, Japanese, English, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Taiwan, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.