For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Jamaica, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are almost 3 million people that live in Jamaica, in size it’s the 3rd largest island in the Caribbean.
- 2. It’s divided into three main counties, those being from west to east, Cornwall, Middlesex, and Surrey. Each county is split up into parishes. In Cornwall the parishes are Hanover, Saint Elizabeth, Saint James, Trelawny, and Westmoreland. In Middlesex they are Clarendon, Manchester, Saint Ann, Saint Catherine, and Saint Mary. In Surrey they are Kingston, Portland, Saint Andrew, and Saint Thomas.
- 3. The official language is English, other languages used include Jamaican Patois, and some Spanish, Chinese, and Portuguese.
- 4. Is home to what are called the Blue Mountains, with lots of hiking and camping opportunities.
- 5. Jamaica was the first tropical country to enter the Winter Olympics, inspiring the movie Cool Runnings.
- 6. The currency used is the Jamaican Dollar, JMD.
- 7. Bob Marley, the most famous reggae musician, is from Jamaica.
- 8. The cuisine includes dishes such as fried dumplings, ackee and salt fish (the national dish), curry goat, fried plantain, steamed cabbage with rice and peas. Jerk sauce is originally from Jamaica.
- 9. Beverages in Jamaica include the local Red Stripe beer and Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee. Rum is the national drink of Jamaica.
- 10. There are about 2 million people that visit Jamaica every year, the 4th highest in the Caribbean. Attractions include Dunn’s River Falls in St. Ann, the Blue Mountains, along with the many beaches and water activities.
Have your own networks with others in Jamaica
If you regularly share content or work with people in Jamaica, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, including English, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Jamaica, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | August 30, 2013 | Comments Off