For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Kenya, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are over 44 million people that live in Kenya. It’s in eastern Africa and has borders with South Sudan and Ethiopia in the north, Somalia in the northeast, Tanzania in the south, and Uganda in the west.
- 2. The largest city and capital is Nairobi with 3.1 million people, followed by Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Ruiru, Kikuyu, Kangundo Tala, Naivasha, and Machakos.
- 3. The official languages are Swahili and English.
- 4. Some of the oldest known records of mankind history have been found in Kenya. The Great Rift Valley is in Kenya and believed to have been formed 20 million years ago.
- 5. The currency used is the Kenyan Shilling, KES.
- 6. There are two seasons in Kenya, one rainy and one dry.
- 7. In sports, is known for winning just about any long distance running event, for Olympic medals and various marathons worldwide.
- 8. The name Kenya comes from Mount Kenya, at 5,199 metres or 17,057 feet. The highest peak is Mount Kilimanjaro at 5,895 metres or 19,341 feet.
- 9. The “big five” animals of Africa can be found in Kenya, these being the lion, leopard, buffalo, rhinoceros, and elephant.
- 10. Kenya is home to the great wildebeest migration, with about 12 million wildebeest migrating 1,800 miles from Tanzania to the Masai Mara.
Have your own networks with others in Kenya
If you regularly share content or work with people in Kenya, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, while no Kiswalhili, you can use English and 33 others as appropriate.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Kenya, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.