For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Nigeria, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are about 170 million people that live in Nigeria.
- 2. It’s located in western Africa with borders of Benin in the west, Niger in the north, Chad in the northeast, Cameroon in the east, and the Gulf of Guinea in the south.
- 3. Includes the Niger River, the third largest in after and where the country name came from.
- 4. The largest city is Lagos with 8 million people, followed by Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin City, Maiduguri, and Zaria.
- 5. The official language is English, other languages used include Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Edo, Efik, Fulani, Idoma, Ijaw, Kanuri, Itsekiri, Urhobo Isoko, Igala, Igbira, Nupe, Ibibio, Gwari, Tiv, Birom, Margi, Jukun, and Katab. In total, there are over 500 different languages used throughout Nigeria.
- 6. The cuisine in Nigeria includes many soups, stews, rice and bean based dishes.
- 7. The currency used is the Nigerian Naira, NGN.
- 8. Has a growing film industry, called Nollywood and is the second largest worldwide, behind Bollywood and ahead of Hollywood.
- 9. The highest point is Chappal Waddi at 2,419 metres or 7,936 feet.
- 10. It’s believed that the areas around Calabar and Cross River State have the largest diversity of butterflies worldwide.
Have your own networks with others in Nigeria
If you regularly share content or work with people in Nigeria, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, this includes English and others as appropriate.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Nigeria, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.