For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Azerbaijan, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are about 9.4 million people that live in Azerbaijan. Located in Western Asia, it has borders with Russia in the north, the Caspian Sea in the east, Iran in the south, Armenia in the west, and Georgia in the northwest.
- 2. It became independent from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- 3. The capital and largest city is Baku with over 2 million people, followed by Ganja, Sumqayit, Mingachevir, Lankaran, Shirvan, Nakhchivan, Shamkir, Shaki, and Yevlakh.
- 4. The official language is Azerbaijani, others include English, Russian, Lezgian, Talysh, Avar, Georgian, Budukh, Juhuri, Khinalug, Kryts, Rutul, Tsakhur, Tat, and Udi.
- 5. The currency used is the Azerbaijani Manat, AZN.
- 6. There are many historical and ancient sites in Azerbaijan, including the Azykh cave believed to be one of the earliest caves by man, and thousands of rock paintings in the Gobustan Nature Park.
- 7. The national drink in Azerbaijan is Black Tea, other beverages include an Azerbaijan Sherbet, a cold drink with fruit juice, sugar, and rose water.
- 8. The cuisine in Azerbaijan includes mint, cilantro, dill, basil, majoram, watercress, and other herbs, mixed in with soups, local meat, vegetables, greens, and fish or seafood.
- 9. The highest point in Azerbaijan is Bazarduzu Dagi at 4,485 metres.
- 10. There are about 1.6 million people or tourists that visit Azerbaijan every year.
Have your own networks with others in Azerbaijan
If you regularly share content or work with people in Azerbaijan, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, while no Azerbaijani, you can use in Russian, English, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Azerbaijan, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | October 7, 2013 | Comments Off