For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Albania, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are about 2.8 million people that live in Albania. Located in the Balkans, it has borders with Montenegro in the northwest, Kosovo and Serbia in the northeast, Macedonia in the east, Greece in the southeast, the Ionian Sea in the southwest, and the Adriatic Sea in west.
- 2. The largest city and capital is Tirana, followed by Durres, Vlore, Elbasan, Shkoder, Fier, Korce, Gjirokaster, Berat, and Lushnje.
- 3. The official language is Albanian, other languages used include Greek, Italian, Vlack, Macedonian, Serbian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Gorani, and Roma.
- 4. Forests make up over a third of Albania, hosting wildlife such as the Lynx, brown bear, and gray wolf, the Golden Eagle is the Albania national symbol.
- 5. The cuisine can be a mixture of Greek, Turkish, and Italian influences, with dishes including Tarator, Stuffed Peppers, fried Sardines and other seafood, Dolma, Bakllasarem, and Baklava.
- 6. The currency used is the Albanian Lek, ALL.
- 7. Local beverages include Birra Tirana, Birra Korca, Boze, Raki, Konjak Skenderbeu, and Albanian wine.
- 8. Mount Korab at 2,753 metres is the highest point in Albania.
- 9. One cultural difference you’ll notice is shaking your head means yes, while nodding your head means no.
- 10. There are about 4.2 million people that travel to Albania every year, with a main attraction being to visit the many beaches along the Adriatic and Ionian Sea coasts.
Have your own networks with others in Albania
If you regularly share content or work with people in Albania, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, while no Albanian, you can use in Greek, Italian, Bulgarian, English, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Albania, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.