For anyone interested in visiting or curious for learning more about Uruguay, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. Located in southeastern South America, Uruguay has borders with Brazil in the northeast, the Atlantic Ocean in the south, and Argentina in the west.
- 2. There are about 3.3 million people that live in Uruguay.
- 3. The name Uruguay is believed to have come from being west of Uruguay River, in the local Guarani language, Uruguay meant a “river of painted birds”.
- 4. The largest city and capital is Montevideo with 1.3 million people, followed by Salto, Ciudad de la Costa, Paysandu, Las Piedras, Rivera, Maldonado, Tacuarembo, Melo, and Mercedes.
- 5. The languages used include mostly Spanish, but also English and Portuguese.
- 6. For cuisine, the national dishes of Uruguay are Parrillada (beef platter), Chivito (a steak sandwich), and pasta.
- 7. The currency used is the Uruguayan Peso, UYU.
- 8. Agriculture makes up a large part of the economy, names for beef and wool, but also soybeans, beeswax, and quinces.
- 9. There are about 500 km of beaches along the Uruguay coast.
- 10. There are about 3 million people that travel to or are tourists to Uruguay every year.
Have your own networks with others in Uruguay
If you regularly share content or work with people in Uruguay, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, including Spanish, Portuguese, English, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Uruguay, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | October 14, 2013 | Comments Off