For anyone interested in visiting or curious to learn more about Munich, here are 10 interesting facts to get started with.
- 1. There are about 1.4 million people that live in Munich, or Munchen, the third largest city in Germany after Berlin and Hamburg.
- 2. It’s the capital and largest city of the German state of Bavaria, located in the southeast corner of Germany.
- 3. The name Munchen comes from the Old High German Munichen, meaning “by the monks place”, as the city was founded by monks and was first mentioned in 1158.
- 4. Includes the rivers Isar and the Wurm.
- 5. Munich is known as the second largest publishing center worldwide, with about 250 publishing houses in the city. Well known writers from the area include Rainer Maria Rilke and Thomas Mann.
- 6. Includes museums such as the Deutsches Museum and art galleries including Alte Pinakothek, the Neue Pinakothek, the Pinakothek der Moderne, and the Museum Brandhorst.
- 7. You can visit the Viktualienmarkt, a daily food market and square with 140 stalls and shops for flowers, exotic fruit, game, poultry, spices, cheese, fish, and more.
- 8. Is home for the annual Oktoberfest, a world known beer festival going for two weeks at the end of September, ending on the first Sunday in October. There are about 20 major beer gardens in Munich.
- 9. Local beers include the Weissbier, Helles, Pils, Dunkles, Starkbier, and others.
- 10. For cuisine, the Weisswurste, a white sausage, is a Munich specialty, served with sweet mustard and freshly baked pretzels.
Have your own networks with others in Munich
If you regularly share content or work with people in Munich, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, including German and 33 others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and have initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Germany, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | November 25, 2013 | Comments Off