For anyone interested in visiting or curious for more info about Belize, here’s a brief overview for help getting started.
- 1. There are about 330,000 people that live in Belize, it’s about 180 miles long and 68 miles wide.
- 2. Located in the northern part of Central America, Belize has borders with Mexico in the north, the Caribbean Sea in the east, and Guatemala in the west and south.
- 3. Archaeologists believe that 1 to 2 million Mayans lived in the area of Belize, this was during their peak with many cities and agricultural communities throughout the area.
- 4. The languages used in Belize are English as well as Kriol, Spanish, Garifuna, Maya, Plautdietsch, and Cantonese. It’s the only country in Central America with English as the official language.
- 5. The capital is in Belmopan but the largest city is Belize City with about 70,000 people, followed by San Ignacio, Belmopan, San Pedro, Orange Walk, Corozal, Dangriga, Benque Viejo del Carmen, Punta Gorda, and Ladyville.
- 6. Over 60% of the land area in Belize is covered by forest, including wildlife such as the jaguar and Scarlet Macaws. It has the only known jaguar preserve, located in the Cockscomb Wildlife sanctuary in southern Belize.
- 7. The currency used is the Belize Dollar, BZD.
- 8. Includes the Belize Barrier Reef off its coastline, the reef stretches 300 km, or 190 miles, and is part of the larger Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System.
- 9. The cuisine in Belize includes ingredients such as bread, tortillas, fry jacks, beans, rice, coconut, meats, seafood, and fish, together from which you get various plates and soups.
- 10. There are about 250,000 people that visit Belize every year, attractions include the many diving, boating, and other water activities along with visiting the different wildlife reserves available. It’s one of the best places in the world for viewing sharks.
Have your own networks with others in Belize
If you regularly share content or work with people in Belize, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, this includes English, Spanish, Cantonese, and others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and have initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Belize, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.