For anyone interested in visiting or curious to learn more about the Maldives, here’s a brief overview for getting started.
- 1. There are about 330,000 people that live in the Maldives archipelago.
- 2. Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is about 400 km or 250 miles southwest of India. It’s made up of 26 atolls and 1,192 coral islands.
- 3. It’s the lowest country worldwide, with the average at almost 5 feet and the peak at almost 8 feet.
- 4. The official language is Maldivian or Dhivehi although English is commonly used.
- 5. The Maldives became an independent country from the UK in 1965.
- 6. The largest city and capital is Male with about 63,000 people, followed by Addu City, Fuvahmulah, Kulhudhuffushi, Thinadhoo, Naifaru, and Hinnavaru.
- 7. The cuisine in the Maldives includes coconuts, curries, and many types of seafood, such as skipjack tuna, yellowfin tuna, wahoo, mahi mahi, mackeral and more.
- 8. The currency used is the Maldivian Rufiyaa, MVR. The main industries are tourism and fishing.
- 9. Diving is popular activity in the Maldives, showcasing amongst other things one of best places to view sharks worldwide.
- 10. There are about 1 million people that visit or are tourists to the Maldives every year. Attractions include Sultan Park, built in the 16th century as well as the many islands, beaches, and diving opportunities.
Have your own networks with others in the Maldives
If you regularly share content or work with people in the Maldives, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, this includes English and 33 others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each. This could be having separate networks for different groups of friends, family members, organizations as well as using in professional environments, having separate networks for different clients or customers.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and have initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in the Maldives, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | December 5, 2013 | Comments Off