For anyone interested in visiting or curious to learn more about Kuala Lumpur, here are 10 interesting facts to get started with.
- 1. There are about 1.6 million people that live in Kuala Lumpur, the capital and largest city in Malaysia, located on the central west coast of the Peninsular Malaysia.
- 2. The name Kuala Lumpur means “muddy confluence”, from being where the Gombak and Klang Rivers connect.
- 3. The city began as a tin mining community in the 1850’s.
- 4. The languages used include Bahasa Malaysia, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Hakka, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi, and Punjabi.
- 5. Is home for the Petronas Towers, the tallest twin buildings worldwide, reaching a height of 379 meters or 1,242 feet.
- 6. Kuala Lumpur experiences a monsoon season from October to March.
- 7. Kuala Lumpur is known as a fashion hub for Malaysia, with more than 60 shopping malls available.
- 8. Parks available in Kuala Lumpur include the Lake Gardens, the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, Bukit Kiara Botanical Gardens, the Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, and the Bukit Sungai Besi Forest Reserve.
- 9. Historical sites include the Merdeka Square, the House of Parliament, Petaling Street, the National Palace, the Kuala Lumpur Tower, the Central Market, Jamek Mosque, and the Batu Caves.
- 10. Kuala Lumpur is the sixth most visited city worldwide with about 9 million tourists per year.
Have your own networks with others in Kuala Lumpur
If you regularly share content or work with people in Kuala Lumpur, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, including Malay and 33 others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and have initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in Malaysia, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | December 26, 2013 | Comments Off