For anyone interested in visiting or curious to learn more about Bordeaux, here are 10 interesting facts to get started with.
- 1. There are about 240,000 people that live in Bordeaux, the 9th largest city in France, and has a greater metropolitan area with about 1.1 million people.
- 2. Bordeaux is located near the Atlantic coast in the southwest of France, about 500 km or 310 miles from Paris, and is built around the river Garonne.
- 3. The area is believed to have been inhabited since at least 300 BC.
- 4. Bordeaux is known for its wine. It’s considered with wine industry capital worldwide and hosts the world’s main wine fair, Vinexpo.
- 5. Bordeaux region produces about 960 million bottles of wine every year from about 13,000 grape growers.
- 6. For cuisine, Bordeaux is known for it fish and seafood from the Atlantic Ocean nearby.
- 7. There are about 362 historical monuments in Bordeaux, including the Esplanade des Quinconces, the largest square in Europe.
- 8. Museums available include Musee des Beaux Arts, Musee d’Aquitaine, and Musee du Vin et du Negoce which is a museum for the wine industry.
- 9. You can visit the Rue Sainte Catherine, a 1.2 km long pedestrian street for shopping going through the historical part of the city.
- 10. There are a few main parks in the city, including Jardin Botanique de Bordeaux, Jardin Botanique de la Bastide, and La Maison des Chameaux.
Have your own networks with others in Bordeaux
If you regularly share content or work with people in Bordeaux, here are a few benefits you get from using an Odysen solution:
- Use in your preferred language, including French and 33 others.
- Have separate networks for different groups, keeping content focused for each.
- Organize content with easy to use folders, add sub-folders to expand and see integrated views from respective parent folders.
- Within each folder you can add content to the applications, including actions, notes, events, polls, photos, graphics, audio files, office files, videos, websites, and blogs.
- Get started and invite other users for free with the Basic plan. This includes the ability create as many networks as you’d like, use the applications, and have initial storage for your photos, office files, audio and video files.
Learn more about having your own networks with others in France, including using the applications, languages available, solution examples, and relevant blog articles.
Matt | Posted on | January 9, 2014 | Comments Off