We have lots of wants and choices, some call them distractions, and often it can be difficult to understand the difference. For example, if you have five different choices in front of you and you’re not sure which to do, by focusing on the one that matters most, and the one after that and so on, you can much more quickly cut through the BS moving forward to your intended destination.
Here are 10 benefits you get from doing so:
- 1. Crystallizing the next step: +10,000 choices is chaos, one is not.
- 2. Fewer distractions: Focusing on what’s needed helps to eliminate others that aren’t relevant.
- 3. Moving faster: Get that one thing done, moving on to the next.
- 4. Support from others: When working on something that matters, others are more likely to help.
- 5. More fun: Especially when working with a group or even by yourself, you usually end up getting into what you’re doing and hardly feels like work at all.
- 6. Fight the good fight: No matter if you succeed or fail, when focusing on what’s needed you get a sense of accomplishment regardless of the outcome.
- 7. Focus on the details: When working something that’s needed, you pay attention to the details, the little things that after awhile add up to much more than each item by itself.
- 8. More celebrations: Get done with an important project or task and celebrate or bang the gong with the team you’ve working with. When working on stuff that doesn’t matter as much, likewise the celebrations aren’t as enthusiastic, if at all.
- 9. Aligned with the big picture: When working on something that isn’t needed, it’s similar to taking a detour or distraction from what should be done. When going back to what’s needed, things start clicking and moving forward as appropriate.
Have your own distraction free networks for your activities
With Odysen, you can have a network to focus on activities and projects that are needed without the distractions, this includes:
- Advertising free environments: You’re the customer, not the advertisers, get started for free with the Basic plan, upgrade to Premium for extra features and storage options. This gives you a network that focuses 100% on your content, without advertising distractions, pop-ups, spam mail, third party tracking or other hassles.
- Separate networks for different groups: Invite whomever is involved, helpful to keep content focused for each.
- Useful applications: This includes no games, only applications helpful for different projects you’re involved with, including actions, notes, events, contact information, office files, photos and graphics, audio or video recordings as well as useful websites and blogs for occasional reference.
- Quality support: If you need help getting started or have an idea for a new feature, we’re here to listen and support what’s needed.
Take a tour to learn more about having your own networks, including getting started, creating networks, using the applications and more.